Watercolour from the Heart
Lena Kukuy's watercolours reflect her love of horses both magnificent and humble. These are her beauties. Years of Russian training and her keen eye combine to show more than an outer beauty. Be it a chookyard, stable, garden or city, Elena's paintings share her feelings for her subject with the simplicity and fluent strokes of an artist who can make pigment work for her.
7/ 2/ 1963 (St.Petersburg) Russia
Education and Degrees:
• PHD in Art Sciences (fine & applied arts,design & architecture ) 2006
Academy of St.Petersburg for Design , Arts & Indurty,Russia.
• M.A in Architecture , Fine Arts Academy,Repen Institute, 1987
St .Petersburg ,Russia.
Professional & Academic Experience:
• Taught in The Higher Institute of Arts,Trippoli, Libya. 1995-1996
• Taught Faculty of Architecture,various subjects 1997-2004
such as: Elements of Architecture, Interior Design, Drawing….etc.
• Created artistic architectural and practical studies for several statues in squares
of Tripoli under official govermental requests.
• Organized the central square of Jisr Al-Shoughour city,Syria, with designing 1998
and establishing an artistic statue there.
• Designed several architectural exterior and interior design studies for several
residential projects in Syria and Libya.
• A lot of her design projects were successfully carried out in several trade offices
• Designed and carried out the setting of several plays on Syrian stage such as :
the play “Naboukhaz Naser” , the play “ Rhythms”.
• Participates since 1987 in major official artistic and architetural exhibitions in Syria
• A member of the teaching staff in “Applied ScienceUniversity” , Jordan. 2006-2008
• Professor at “International University for Science & Technology “, Syria 2008-
Her house in Damascus was recently destroyed by bombs and she has had to flee to Jordan
• The National Museum,Aleppo 1988
• Alsuwaih Gallery,Tripoli, 1994
• Arts House, Tripoli, 1996
• Kuwait Gallery for Fine arts, 2002
• Al-Sayed Gallery,Damascus 2005
Her Paintings are Purchised by:
• The National Museum, Damascus
• Museum of Dummar city, Syria
• The Ministry of Education in Syria
• The Ministry of Education in Lebanon
• The Presidential Palace in Libya
As well as many private sales worldwide, such as:
Russia- Poland- The United states – Canada-Cyprus-Malta-Italy –Austria-Tripoli (Libya )-Lebanon-Saudi Arabia-Kuwait.